Fine Art/R.Hill Painting 1906

Good evening,
I have been searching everywhere to try to find some answers on a painting that we have had for quite a few years that came to us through a friend when his mother passed away at the age of 83.  
The picture is of a beautiful girl holding a bunch of possibly dried pansies... the signature says R.Hill "PANSIES" Copyright 1906.  She looks almost nude but it's hard to tell as the picture is only from mid body up, and the bottom is covered with the flowers.  It's very puzzling to us because we cannot find any information on it, and any information/art work that I've seen on "R.Hill" doesn't look even remotely close to the type of work we have.  She's in the original frame that we received her in.  A professional photographer at one point borrowed her from us as he wanted to make prints of the painting... but that's all we know. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  I could try to take a picture of the it if you like, but over the years, we have noticed that she doesn't like having her picture taken.

Dear Cristal,

I am not familiar with the description of the painting and the artist. I can research further if you can email me photos of the painting (front and back), and a close up of the signature to Please send as attachments.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.