Fine Art/chagall Pastel (oil?) " The Wedding"

Question
I purchased this painting in 1984. It is signed upper right CHAGALL and lower right "CHAGALL". It shows a wedding couple, his arms around her and she is holding a bouquet of flowers. There is a candle labra at their feet. Background is orange/ red.
Lower right is a blue color with some image in it. It is not dated. I have never taken it out of the frame to see the reverse for information.It is about 7 in. by 12 in. Thank you.
Fred Rosenblum
Norfolk, Va 23510

Answer
Hi Fred, please attach an image of your piece, as "wedding couple" + "bouquet of flowers" describes about half of Chagall's works. I will look in several catalog raisonnes and compare. And I recommend you not take it out of the frame if you don't have to since that can alter the image.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans