Fine Art/Carle Vernet

I have 2 lithographs by Carle Vernet, I cannot find the lithos anywhere on the net, and I need to know if they are worth anything.  The first of the 2 is titled "Depart Pour La Chasse" No. 3 and the second is labeled L' T(or F) Lalali I have no idea about these lithos, and I need your help,  Thank you for your time in this matter

Dear Sean,

I cannot give you actual values as there are various determinants (such as condition) that can greatly alter the value of the prints. The "Depart Pour La Chasse" showed up at auction anywhere between $100-200. The "L'hallali" shows as an aquatint engraving rather than lithograph and sells in a higher range up to $500. You may have a print copy of the engraving which is of no real value. Remember, these are broad ranges only and are not considered appraisals of your particular prints.

I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.