Fine Art/Identification of artist E.Laroche

Question
Hello,

I´m a german collector of etchings. I do have an etching, printed around 80 - 100 years ago at Stehli freres, Zürich, Switzerland. It shows a typical switz-motive. This etching is hand-signed by pencil from an artist E.Laroche
If neccessary I can send a photo of the item/signature by mail.
I cannot find an artist and his signature in my books to compare the signature.
Would you be so kind and try to help me?

Thank you very much in advance

Winfried

Answer
Dear Winfried,

I found an artist with the same initial and name; Ernesto Laroche (Uruguayan, 1879-1940). He has worked in oil and I read he also created etchings. I found information that he traveled to Europe. Try searching his name on Google and see if his style matches your artist. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley