Fine Art/Japon Paper

I'm hoping you can give me some background on Japon Paper. I have an etching that I'm told was done on "Japon Paper" but have been unable to get a definitive answer as to what exactly it is. I've found minimal information on "Japan Paper" and am wondering if it might be the same thing?
Thank you.

A kind of paper frequently used in deluxe editions, characterised by stiffness and it's pale yellowish glossy finish. Sometimes called "Japanese vellum".

Japanese vellum
A thick paper produced in Japan from native fibers that are of relatively great length. The paper has a very cloudy formation and is tough and durable. The color is usually cream or natural, and the paper is finished with a smooth surface. Japanese vellum is suitable for engravings, etc., or where a very durable paper is required. An imitation, made by treating ordinary paper with sulfuric acid, is sometimes called "Japon."

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.