Fine Art/Lawrence Josset Mezzotint of Lord Mansfield

Question
ljosset1
ljosset1  
Hello Dolly,

I am writing to obtain any additional information, including how to obtain a rough valuation, for a mezzotint I recently acquired by Lawrence Josset of Lord Mansfield printed by Frost and Reed Ltd in 1956. This information I gained from the print itself. It bears a blind embossed stamp of the letters ZGIC. Do they have any significance? It is in near mint condition and in its original linen matted frame. Can you tell me any more about this specific print and, in your opinion, does it have a value as anything more than decorative?

Many thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Rick

Answer
Dear Rick,

I checked online auction records and could not locate a previous sale price on this particular print. I found one on eBay for $499; but I do not know where they came up with the price. Certain of his prints have sold in that range and therefore this one may as well. I found one at an English auction that was estimated at approximately $225.00. The embossed stamp is from the printer. I would say it is absolutely of collector value.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley