Fine Art/Lawrence Josset Mezzotint of Lord Mansfield

Hello Dolly,

I am writing to obtain any additional information, including how to obtain a rough valuation, for a mezzotint I recently acquired by Lawrence Josset of Lord Mansfield printed by Frost and Reed Ltd in 1956. This information I gained from the print itself. It bears a blind embossed stamp of the letters ZGIC. Do they have any significance? It is in near mint condition and in its original linen matted frame. Can you tell me any more about this specific print and, in your opinion, does it have a value as anything more than decorative?

Many thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Dear Rick,

I checked online auction records and could not locate a previous sale price on this particular print. I found one on eBay for $499; but I do not know where they came up with the price. Certain of his prints have sold in that range and therefore this one may as well. I found one at an English auction that was estimated at approximately $225.00. The embossed stamp is from the printer. I would say it is absolutely of collector value.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.