Fine Art/Little Irene, Renoir

I have a print by Renoir of "Little Irene" It is signed.  The back is numbered 799a. It was made and sold by Chicago Artist company which no longer exists.  I'm not sure of the age.  Can you possibly tell me how much it might be worth or where to go to find the worth.  Thanks

Renoir\'s Little Irene
Renoir's Little Irene  
Hi Dayna, as you probably know, the painting Little Irene is one of Renoir's famous works. It tours museums around the world and is possibly worth tens of millions of dollars. Your piece may be a posthumous reproduction of the work unless the signature is that of Renoir himself. I have not heard or seen an authentic print of this world famous painting. Chances are it was created by someone unrelated to the estate of Renoir. Here are some authentic original Renoir prints and most bear a signature that you can compare yours to.

Here is a pleasant description about why the piece was made .

If you would like further review of your Little Irene print, I recommend contacting Christies or Sothebys auction houses, or a Bonham's Valuation Day . I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University