Fine Art/Luigi Rocca oil painting

Luigi Rocca oil painting
Luigi Rocca oil painti  
Hello Dolly,
Iím hoping you can help me.  I have an oil on canvas signed Luigi Rocca.  I have googled the artist, but the paintings that I have found by an artist with the same name do not match the style of my painting.  The paintings that I have found on the search engine are modern cityscapes; whereas, my painting is of a Victorian lady having a glass of wine (see the picture).  On the back of the painting there is a paper that reads W.T. Burger Co., Inc., Registry No. 148900 80.  There is also a stamp on the back of the canvas that says ďAll rights reserved the W.T. Burger Co.Ē  Thereís another paper that has the artistís biography.  It says that Luigi Rocca was born in Porpette on December 26, 1952.  This matches the records of the other artist that I found on google, but again their styles are totally different.  What do you think?  Also, do you have any idea of the plausible value of my painting?  Thank you!

Dear Lindsay,

Artists have been known to divert their subject and style. Maybe the artist wanted to paint his wife in Victorian dress? I can try to compare the signatures if you can email a quality jpeg image of the signature to Please also send a few more images of the front and of the back of the painting.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.