Fine Art/Merrill Chase, Ltd. Authenticated Painting

Dear Dolly:

I have have a question for you.  Recently, I was in a local antique shop, and I noticed a painting hanging on the wall.  I looked at the back, and it is authenticated by Merrill Chase, Ltd.  It is signed by "Roderick."

I have done so much searching online, and can find nothing about who exactly this artist is.  The painting appears to depict a quaint street in Paris.

I came across one of your earlier questions about a Merrill & Chase painting and you mentioned that they sold only established artist's work.

I was wondering if this painter, Roderick, was/is an established artist/painter, and if the painting is valuable.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Dear Jeff,

I looked in my books and auction records and there are several artists with the last name of Roderick. If you have a first name and photographs of the painting I would have a better chance at identifying your artist. I'm sorry I cannot be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.