Fine Art/Picasso Lithograph

Smoking man
Smoking man  
I bought this at a yard sale years ago.  I was going to throw it out, but my boyfriend liked it.  Upon closer inspection I found a text impression on the back in French(?) it stated that the litho was from the estate of Marcel Salinas.  I have looked all over the internet and found similar things from the same time frame, but they were not the exact same. Can anyone tell me if this is worth any $$ and where I might try to sell it.

Hi Angela, a couple of things: Can you look very very closely to see if it was made from a printer (you'll see dots of ink) or can you see thickness from the paint instead? And are those plate marks around the edges (a rectangular indentation around the image)? Lastly, can you send me a photo of the signature or whatever that is in the bottom left? I don't think this is worth much, but I would like to clarify the above about this possible Picasso lithograph before I make any judgment.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University