Fine Art/Roderick painting

Question
Roderick1
Roderick1  
Hello,

I recently purchased a painting second-hand signed "Roderick". It's from Merrill Chase Ltd. I've been unable to find any information on the artist and was wondering if you could help. Attatched is a picture of the piece that might aid in identification. I've also got a close-up of the signature and would be happy to send that if you need it.

Any information you can give me regarding the artist and/or broad idea of the worth of the painting would be very much appreciated!

Best,

Shawna Wiggins

Answer
Dear Shawna,

I have researched this artist in the past and was unable to locate him/her in my books or online. Merrill Chase represented many different local artists who may not be listed. There is a company that will give current market values on art that was originally sold at the now closed gallery. I believe their cost is $200. Personally I would not spend that; but if you want their information let me know at dheadley@headleyfineart.com.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley