Fine Art/Roderick painting

I recently purchased a painting second-hand signed "Roderick". It's from Merrill Chase Ltd. I've been unable to find any information on the artist and was wondering if you could help. Attatched is a picture of the piece that might aid in identification. I've also got a close-up of the signature and would be happy to send that if you need it.

Any information you can give me regarding the artist and/or broad idea of the worth of the painting would be very much appreciated!

Shawna Wiggins

Dear Shawna,

I have researched this artist in the past and was unable to locate him/her in my books or online. Merrill Chase represented many different local artists who may not be listed. There is a company that will give current market values on art that was originally sold at the now closed gallery. I believe their cost is $200. Personally I would not spend that; but if you want their information let me know at

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.