Fine Art/Rosenzweig oil painting

Hello Andrew,
My father in law has an oil painting signed Rosenzweig. My research suggests it is by Irving Rosenzweig. He tells me he and his wife purchased it in Long Island, possibly NY City somethime in the mid 1900s. They paid $500 for it. It is an abstract of a woman holding a child, done in warm colors. I can take a picture, but first wondered if I have the correct artist name and if his work is valued. Thank you. laurie

Hi Laurie, I am not able to find any auction records or sales that advertised Irving Rosenzweig's works. This does not mean his works do not have value, but it does imply that the collector base is not very active. It might be difficult to find a buyer, but at the same time if there are collectors looking for his works, you may be able to sell it to them. Here are some art sites you can try to sell it on:

If there is one near where you live, you can also take it to a Bonham's Valuation Day .

Thank you,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University