Fine Art/Turner Landscape SB 214 Framed by Catalda

Question
How much would someone have paid for this and does SB214 mean anything?  Thank you

Answer
Dear Patricia,

Catalda Fine Arts was particularly active during the mid-twentieth century creating reproductions of famous paintings of artists; including J.W. Turner. While they are usually quality reproductions; they are still reproductions that were usually printed past the copyright date of the original artist. The numbers are inventory numbers.

Overall the value is based on the arts aesthetic value as vintage art. Condition plays an important part in vintage reproductions so keep this in mind. These reproductions can be found on eBay for usually under $50. I hope you enjoy the art.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley