Fine Art/Turner Landscape SB 214 Framed by Catalda

How much would someone have paid for this and does SB214 mean anything?  Thank you

Dear Patricia,

Catalda Fine Arts was particularly active during the mid-twentieth century creating reproductions of famous paintings of artists; including J.W. Turner. While they are usually quality reproductions; they are still reproductions that were usually printed past the copyright date of the original artist. The numbers are inventory numbers.

Overall the value is based on the arts aesthetic value as vintage art. Condition plays an important part in vintage reproductions so keep this in mind. These reproductions can be found on eBay for usually under $50. I hope you enjoy the art.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.