Fine Art/rembrant girl at half open door print

Hi my name is ali and i few years ago i bought a pick just for the frame at an antique shop. When i got it home i took out the print in it. I liked it so i turned around and showed it off in my home. My mother in law came over and said that looks like Rembrant i pulled it out and sure enough it had a signature on it and is print # 607 it is on a type of pressed paper kinda like card board or something there isnt anything on the back but a few scuffs. I love this picture i am just curious to how much if anything it is worth

Hi Alicia, Rembrandt did not sign any prints that I am aware of. He would sign the plate that he etched (usually a mirror image of a signature) and that signature would be pressed along with the image onto the print. These prints, usually called etchings or Old Master Prints, definitely have a value and a collector base. You can compare your piece to this Rembrandt print . Notice how it is plate signed in the bottom left margin. This is common for Rembrandt prints. The paper that the image is on also can have an effect on the value. For example, Rembrandt's Christ Healing the Sick has a handful of prints on special "japon" paper, which increases their rarity and their value. If you would like more information, feel free to contact Alex Adelman of Masterworks Fine Art at and send him high quality images of your work. He specializes in several artists, one being Rembrandt, and he will be happy to help you further.

Also you can send me another inquiry and I will be glad to help.

Andrew EVans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University