Fine Art/Carle Vernet

Les Accidentes del la Chasse
Les Accidentes del la  
I have 2 paintings or perhaps color lithographs of scenes titled Les Accidents de la Chasse.  Can you tell me anything about them or recommend an online appraiser? Here is one of the images.

Dear Lori,

From the photograph you posted it appears you have a hand colored engraving from a portfolio of hunting and carriage accidents by Vernet. It is not in great condition and this can affect the prints value. I located the sale of the set of 1-9 from an auction listing: Lot 87.CARLE VERNET – A complete set of period hunting prints, numbered 1-9 entitled “Les accidents de la chase” each being 29cm x 38.5cm - $1200 - $1500. It does not state the condition of the prints.
I do not have the realized price but you can check with the auction house at
I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.