Fine Art/Carle Vernet

Question
Les Accidentes del la Chasse
Les Accidentes del la  
I have 2 paintings or perhaps color lithographs of scenes titled Les Accidents de la Chasse.  Can you tell me anything about them or recommend an online appraiser? Here is one of the images.

Answer
Dear Lori,

From the photograph you posted it appears you have a hand colored engraving from a portfolio of hunting and carriage accidents by Vernet. It is not in great condition and this can affect the prints value. I located the sale of the set of 1-9 from an auction listing: Lot 87.CARLE VERNET – A complete set of period hunting prints, numbered 1-9 entitled “Les accidents de la chase” each being 29cm x 38.5cm - $1200 - $1500. It does not state the condition of the prints.
I do not have the realized price but you can check with the auction house at www.tullochs.com.
I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley