Fine Art/Chagall "Vision of Moses"

Question
Hello,
Several years ago my husband and I purchased a framed, signed and numbered (30/500) print of Marc Chagall's "Vision of Moses" at an auction in Newport, RI. I have since tried to find more information on this edition to no avail. Any idea where we could obtain more information? The only information I can find on the work relates to an edition of 75. It is a gorgeous piece framed in a huge elaborate gold leaf frame - just wondering if the framing is worth more than the piece! Thank you in advance for your help. Catalog number is 554a.

Answer
500 sounds like a high edition number for a Chagall. Afters or unauthorized works have higher edition numbers. I'd have to research it to be sure. You can email images of the art, edition number and signature to: collectdali@aol.com and I will get back to you.

Dan

Dan Twyman