Fine Art/EM Oberhauser Midsummer Night's Dream

Question
We have an item by EM Oberhauser titled Midsummer Night's Dream.  It is roughly 18x32 and Black and White.  The picture itself on the lower left hand corner is signed Em Oberhauser.  On the lower left corner of the matting it is printed "painted by EM Oberhauser" and on the right side of the mat is the title Midsummer Night's Dream.  This was found in a relatives barn and had been there for years.  The original frame was ruined but the picture was undamaged and wonderful so it was professionally re-framed.  How can I determine if this is an Etching, print or original?  Everything I see on the net for Oberhauser is color and none of them have been signed on the lower left of the artwork.  Any help is appreciated

Answer
Dear Richard,

Oberhouser's etching Midsummer Night's Dream was printed in black and white and then color was added by the hand of the artist. It sounds as though you have one that did not get colored. The best way for you to determine what you have is to take it to a local art dealer and have them take a look for you. Unless the print has been trimmed to the plate or a mat is covering the margins you can look for plate marks, (indentations in the prints margins), that would indicate it was pulled on an intaglio press. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley