Fine Art/Emmanuel Oberhausen

I have a painting of Oberhausen that I found a reference to once on the Internet. It had the picture and its title, but I lost the information and can't find it again. The title was not in English and I gathered it had something to do with Cleopatra and Caesar, and he was addressing a group of loosely arranged people. The background had trees, and two arches, one looked a lot like the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. It was hand colored and looks in good shape.

Where can I find more info on this painting and its value?

Dear Gene,

The only print I came up with that might fit yours is "The Court of Cleopatra" after Emmanuel Oberhauser; published in 1906 in NY. I was not able to find an image of it online, but you may have better luck if you try the various search engines. I was not able to find any auction results for the print or any on the secondary retail market. I suggest you keep searching until someone loads more information on the print and it's value. His last name ends in an "r" rather than an "n". I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.