Fine Art/Toulouse-Lautrec Jane Avril YELLOW SKIRT

toulouse-lautrec Jane Avril
toulouse-lautrec Jane  
I have a Jane Avril lithorgraph on manilla colored somewhat heavy paper. Her skirt is YELLOW, unlike any of the other picutres i have seen, where the original is orange. It measures overall 20x28" , and up to the watermarks 18x26".  The writing says: Imp Chaix 30 (I think) Beryre Paris Incres 1914. (not sure about the correct letters)..then, in the bottom middle : T LAUTREC 93 DEPOT CHEZ KLEINNANN & RUE DE LA VICTOIRE.I was wondering if you could tell me why this skirt is all YELLOW AS OPPOSED TO ORANGE? and, if there is any value to this lithograph.  I have attached 3 pictures for your viewing . Thank you so much. Regards, Barb

Hi Barb, this is an inscription by the publisher. That signature is part of the plate. Certain colors fade differently over time, sometimes drastically. If a piece has been archival framed for a long time then taken out of the frame and exposed to the elements, the colors can change quite quickly. It is common for multiples to not look identical to one another.

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University