Fine Art/type of picture i have

Question
hi a very simple question i have very limited knowledge re types of art methods used i have been given a large picture ls lowry 1930 the procession however it is not print but on a hardback type of hardboard with oil effect painting u can see small squares like a whole grid covering the the picture is this oil on board how would i describe this rgrds allison

Answer
Dear Allison,

Certainly your version of Lowry's 'The Procession' is not the original as the media used to execute this particular work were oil on canvas. For the version that you have you could describe the media as oil on board. Be sure to include clearly that it is a reproduction though.

Best wishes,

Samantha

Samantha Hughes-Johnson