Fine Art/1897 Westminster Kennel Show Catalog Cover Painting

Question
Original cover painting:1897  Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
Original cover paintin  
Hello, I own the original 1897 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show catalog cover painting. If I remember correctly, the show has been held at Madison Square Garden every year since 1877.  I have found this same image used in books and on many websites. The painting includes numerous instructions that the artist gave to the engraver.  The problem is that I can not find the artist signature.  Two years ago I sent a number of emails to the Westminster Kennel Club, but unfortunately they never sent back a reply.  Thank you for your time.  

Answer
Could have been almost any commercial artist who was commissioned to this work.  You might try contacting Alan Fausel at Doyle's in NYC.  Doyle's has held auctions of canine art, so perhaps he could link you up with someone at the intersection of dog shows and commercial art in the 1890's.  

Best of luck.
Stu

Stuart Cartwright