Fine Art/Artist Francis E. Parker

Francis E. Parker original ink drawing
Francis E. Parker orig  
I think I have an original ink drawing from an artist by the name of Francis E. Parker. I tried to scan the print but it's too big to scan the whole thing so I scanned the part of the print that has the signature.  It's a 10 X 14 picture.  It was in a box of pictures at a household auction in South Dakota.  Is there anyone in the Sioux Falls, SD area that would be able to help me?  

Frances E. Parker was born in Montana in 1887, so if I read that date to be 1918, she would have been about thirty years old when your art was created.  That looks like a fantastic image.  I wonder if it original or could be a woodblock print?  Check to see if you have an inscription anywhere on the back or the sides that might look like 12/200 or 23/50 or some such fraction indicating a small print run.  It is possible you have an original.  Parker graduated University of Southern California in 1909, and studied art in Paris.  Census records from Pasadena California have her listed there from 1920-1937.  She is listed in "Artists in California 1786-1940" by Edan Hughes.  She is not widely known.  

Perhaps you might find expertise at The Center of Western Studies at Augustana College in Sioux Falls?  

Best of luck.  Enjoy your artwork!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration