Fine Art/Chagall Print

I have a Metropolitan Opera Opening Night poster signed by Marc Chagall on opening night at the Met, and given to my husband, who was Chagall's bodyguard while he painted the murals at the Met, it was one of three signed that night, one went to Rudolph Bing, the second to Francis Robibson, and the third to my husband, I would like to get some idea of its value. Thank you for your time.
         Juliette Stark

Hi Juliette, what an interesting story! Since it is so rare (only 3) it could definitely be desired by Chagall collectors. The only issue is this: it needs to be historically documented in a respected Chagall catalogue raisonné or hold a certificate of some sort from Chagall's estate to  ensure authenticity. This really helps in determining its value since the proof of authenticity is very important to people when acquiring art. Feel free to attach a picture here so that I can see if I recognize it.

Thank you,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University