Fine Art/Emmanuel Oberhauser The Wedding

Question
Hello Dan,

I purchase an old building and while doing renovations I was tearing out a fixture which had been in place surely over 30+ years.  Behind the fixture was a picture in what appears to be a very old frame.  After cleaning off the picture and getting a good look at it an researching online it appears I have a print of Emmanuel Oberhauser's The Wedding.  I was wondering how I would find out if there is any value to the piece?

Thank you so much!

Chris Human

Answer
Id have to know the Medium.  You might have a replica of an Oberhauser painting, or a print/poster or an engraving. Oberhauser works can be found in all of these mediums. You will probably have to take it out of the frame to know for sure, but that can cause damage, so a framer might be the best person to do that.
Unless you see a hand signature and not a printed image of the signature, you probably have a reproduction, but once again, I have not examined your piece. Oberhauser prints and posters that were done long after the artists death, number in the millions.

Dan

Dan Twyman