Fine Art/Joy Postle

Got for $.50 for all 3 pics. they are original paintings by Joy Postle, it has her initials on ea. at bottom, on the back it says original painting of Joy Postle,paintings are in  very good condition 3 different birds,frames are very very old, about 5x7 size each one.not sure if its chalk or paint. Could u appraise it to give me some idea of their value Thank u! Joyce

Hello Joyce,
(1)Type "Joy Postle" into Google.  You will find much information.
(2)Wikipedia has a complete page devoted to this artist.
(3)Her works do not appear at public auction much. A very large oil executed in the 1930s appeared at auction in 2006. Estimated at $400-$600, it hammered at $200.  

Auctioning these on eBay might bring you somewhere between what you paid and $50 in my estimation.   Ms. Postle is known at University of Central Florida...perhaps they might help you further?

Otherwise enjoy your find!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration