Fine Art/Rembrandt etchings

Question
I purchased two etchings that were done by "Amand-Durand after Rembrandt". What does this mean?  The letter of authenticity describes the etching but there is not a name of an authenticating body or a name of an authenticator.  This worries me.  Should it?  

Answer
Dear Dr Quintanilla,

As part of an apprentice artist's training, they were encouraged to copy the works of masters until they were skillful enough to organize and execute works of their own invention. If a sketch or a painting is attributed, as yours is, to 'Amand-Durant after Rembrandt' it simply means that Amand-Durant has either copied a work by Rembrandt or produced a work closely styled to the manner of Rembrandt. Think of it perhaps as a bit of a homage from one artist to another.

Best wishes,

Samantha

Samantha Hughes-Johnson