Fine Art/Rembrandt etchings

I purchased two etchings that were done by "Amand-Durand after Rembrandt". What does this mean?  The letter of authenticity describes the etching but there is not a name of an authenticating body or a name of an authenticator.  This worries me.  Should it?  

Dear Dr Quintanilla,

As part of an apprentice artist's training, they were encouraged to copy the works of masters until they were skillful enough to organize and execute works of their own invention. If a sketch or a painting is attributed, as yours is, to 'Amand-Durant after Rembrandt' it simply means that Amand-Durant has either copied a work by Rembrandt or produced a work closely styled to the manner of Rembrandt. Think of it perhaps as a bit of a homage from one artist to another.

Best wishes,

Samantha Hughes-Johnson

I am an art historian and my speciality is Renaissance Florence, although I have an excellent knowledge of the Renaissance in Europe too. I can answer your questions regarding visual and textual primary sources produced during this period although I DO NOT APPRAISE PAINTINGS OR ANTIQUES.

I have experience in independent research and have produced several, as yet unpublished works. My research has taken me to London, Paris, Florence, Rome, Prague, Milan etc.

I belong to the Association of Art Historians.

I have a first-class honours degree in the humanities with art history, a postgraduate certificate in research methodology and I am currently researching towards my PhD.