Fine Art/Renoir red chalck drawing

renoir  drawing
renoir drawing  
Dear sir,
I have what looks to be a red chalk drawing  or litho of Renoirs judgement of paris.Size is 24 x 18 or so.I took it out of the frame and used a little tissue and a little red color came off.So i do not know if this is an original work or a litho.I found the image of this work in the Phillips collection museum and compared them side by side and they look the same.The interesting thing is ,it is signed with what looks to be red pencil and dated 1910.Also on the rh side of the signiture toward the corner there is a stamp or seal of a man on an eagle over lanscape.Can you tell any info on this drawing or the stamp on it.I have attached some images .Thank you.John M.

#1. Do not rub color from the work.
#2. It has to be examined or we can try to use images.

Send me images of the entire work, the signature and the edition number on the lower left (if there is one), and I will get back to you with suggestions.

Send to my email:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.