Fine Art/G.H.Durrie

Hi, I would like to know how I can identify if a painting is an original by G.H. Durrie and what the value of the painting would be if it is indeed original. It is called "Cider Making in the Country 1863" and is signed by Durrie. It is very old and is in a beautiful frame. The measurements of the painting are 32 by 48. I would appreciate any help with this matter.

Thank you!

Hi Sandra,

I would be happy to help you authenticate the work of art. I will need some details prior to being able to begin. I will need to see a image of the front, back and signature of the artwork. You mentioned the frame as well. Can you please take a picture of the frame of the painting? Often times the frames, if a period frame can be worth more than the painting itself. It would be interesting to see what you have.  In terms of appraising the artwork. I typically do not charge for appraisals, but I do charge for the authentification. I charge a flat fee and with that I research the signature, date of creation and where the scene may have been, if it can be determined. If you would like to proceed further, please email me at I will then be able to provide more details around you request.

Qeturah Rasyth

I can provide expertise around 19th Century American Fine Art and 19th Century African American Fine art. In particular, Hudson River School artists, Robert Scott Duncanson, Alexander Wyant, Maurice B Prendergast, Frank Russell Green, etc.

I consult, collect and sell rare, unique and hard to find 19th century African American and American master artwork. I have been a avid collector with my husband collectively for over 20 years now. I have a successful private practice where my clients specifically come to me to advise them on rare artwork that is beautiful, yet worthy investments. I feel I have become a subject expert on the artwork I focus on.

I belong to Black Art in America. I have been featured on their website. I belong to Jack and Jill of America

My writing has been featured on Black Art in American Dec 2010. I have three blogs: Private Collectors of Decorative Arts, Hudson River School Collectors, African American Art Collectors.

I am a former graduate from Univerisity of Washington in Seattle, Washington. I studied sociology and psychology.