Fine Art/Jersey engraving

Question
I have a very old Edwin Douglas engraving of "Jersey" that I am contemplating getting restored and reframed but am not sure if it is worth doing.  It is black and white.....not color so it is my belief that it is not worth alot.  The paper conservator who estimated the restoration gave a date of manufacture of 1880, publisher Henry Graves & Co., and engraver A.C.Alais.  It also has the inscription E"heart"D'78 inscribed in plate LRC.  I spelled heart because I can't make one on the computer. I would like to have an estimate of its worth and also know if its considered an etching, engraving, or print.  When I researched this on the internet I got different info pertaining to whether it was an "original" etching, engraving, or print and which is more desirable to own.  Thank you so much for your time and advice.

Answer
Dear Dave,

It sounds like you have an original etching of the image called "Jersey". I found one auction result on the print where it sold for $50. I'll provide the link below. For research, an etching is a type of engraving using the intaglio method of print making. Most engravings and etchings are original prints. Later restrike prints can be made from the same plate, but they are after the original printing was done. It is always better to have a print from the first and original release than a later restrike. I hope this is helpful.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/1172912

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley