Fine Art/Landscape - Sea Scene

I just recently purchased a beautiful Seascape painting.  I know nothing about artists and was wondering if you could help me find anything on them.  I found a painting on ebay with the same signature but they did not know the artist either.  The signature is D.Perry  It is a mainly blue ocean painting, with 5 birds flying off and a storm rolling in - i'm not sure if its oil or not.  Its over 1 mtr long and about 60cm high.

Hi Meegan,

Welcome from Australia!  I would need to see images of the artwork. This would include, front and back, along with signature from the artist. I charge for services around research on artists. I charge a flat fee of $100 for this, but can provide quite extensive information including, market price for the artists work, information on the artist and authenticity. If you are interested in this, please forward the above information to I will then be able to let you know if it's worth while to pay for this service.

Qeturah Rasyth

I can provide expertise around 19th Century American Fine Art and 19th Century African American Fine art. In particular, Hudson River School artists, Robert Scott Duncanson, Alexander Wyant, Maurice B Prendergast, Frank Russell Green, etc.

I consult, collect and sell rare, unique and hard to find 19th century African American and American master artwork. I have been a avid collector with my husband collectively for over 20 years now. I have a successful private practice where my clients specifically come to me to advise them on rare artwork that is beautiful, yet worthy investments. I feel I have become a subject expert on the artwork I focus on.

I belong to Black Art in America. I have been featured on their website. I belong to Jack and Jill of America

My writing has been featured on Black Art in American Dec 2010. I have three blogs: Private Collectors of Decorative Arts, Hudson River School Collectors, African American Art Collectors.

I am a former graduate from Univerisity of Washington in Seattle, Washington. I studied sociology and psychology.