Fine Art/Maurice Utrillo Print

Question
maurice utrillo
maurice utrillo  
G'day to you! I know the attached is a print and have done a little research on Maurice Utrillo, and found him very interesting. My question is do you know how old is this print? And when did he paint the original?

On the back of the print it says...

Toute modification, transformation ou alteration (de quelque maniere et par quelque procede que ce soit) de la presente reproduction realisee par les etablissements BRAUN & Cie, est formellement interdite et entrainera toutes poursuites judiciaries a l'encontre de ses auteurs.

MAURICE UTRILLO 1883-1955 LA BASILIQUE DU SACRE-CCEUR, 1926 COLLECTION DR ROUNDINESCO No 39336 LES EDITIONS BRAUN ET CIE, PARIS  E.S. HERRMANN, NEW YORK SOHO GALLERY, LONDRES PRINTED IN FRANCE.

Right hand corner of print is a B in a circle (I think)? This has been imprinted (more like it was done with a seal.

Thanking you for any information you can give me.

Diane
Australia

Answer
Dear Diane,

The print is a lithograph after the painting that was done in 1926. The print also states that the original painting is in the Dr. Roundinesco collection. It appears that it was commissioned by New York Soho Gallery and printed in France. It is a good quality reproduction and I believe it was printed in 1945. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley