Fine Art/Oil painting

Question
Unknown
Unknown  
I had an oil painting form my aunt's home about 50 years ago. I have no idea of the artist or even the period in which it was painted. Can you help? The overall size of the painting, in the frame, is 65.3cms high by just over 50.8cms wide.
I have attached a photograph.
Thank you.

Answer
Dear Sheila,

I'm a Renaissance art historian so I'm not an expert in the dating and attribution of paintings such as yours. I would advise that you take it to a reputable local auction house who will be able to estimate a value for you. If you can be sure that it's an original an not a copy, you could forward your details to Christies or Bonhams in London and they will be only too  happy to give you a value etc.

Best wishes,

Samantha

Samantha Hughes-Johnson