Fine Art/Painting/streets of Paris ?

Hello! I have three prints by the same artist numbered 440, 443 and the other has no number.On the left bottom are the words Montmartre M Vinay right side C.F.cI., Inc. and under that is "by Vinay". I just don't know where to research this as I really don'kt know if Vinay is a place or the artistas I've seen both...Can yo help?  Thanking you in advance. Kelley

Dear Kelley,

It would look as if you have some printed reproductions of paintings/drawings by an artist named M Vinay. I am afraid that the only M Vinay that I know of is an equestrian artist. There is though an artist called Jean Vinay who painted landscapes and city scapes in France. You can find photographs of his work on the internet. The word Monmartre refers to a Paris district famous for the basilica of the Sacre Coeur.

Good luck with your research,

Samantha Hughes-Johnson

I am an art historian and my speciality is Renaissance Florence, although I have an excellent knowledge of the Renaissance in Europe too. I can answer your questions regarding visual and textual primary sources produced during this period although I DO NOT APPRAISE PAINTINGS OR ANTIQUES.

I have experience in independent research and have produced several, as yet unpublished works. My research has taken me to London, Paris, Florence, Rome, Prague, Milan etc.

I belong to the Association of Art Historians.

I have a first-class honours degree in the humanities with art history, a postgraduate certificate in research methodology and I am currently researching towards my PhD.