Fine Art/Painting/streets of Paris ?

Question
Hello! I have three prints by the same artist numbered 440, 443 and the other has no number.On the left bottom are the words Montmartre M Vinay right side C.F.cI., Inc. and under that is "by Vinay". I just don't know where to research this as I really don'kt know if Vinay is a place or the artistas I've seen both...Can yo help?  Thanking you in advance. Kelley

Answer
Dear Kelley,

It would look as if you have some printed reproductions of paintings/drawings by an artist named M Vinay. I am afraid that the only M Vinay that I know of is an equestrian artist. There is though an artist called Jean Vinay who painted landscapes and city scapes in France. You can find photographs of his work on the internet. The word Monmartre refers to a Paris district famous for the basilica of the Sacre Coeur.

Good luck with your research,

Samantha

Samantha Hughes-Johnson