Fine Art/R Capone painting

r capone
r capone  
Hi. I recently inherited a bunch of paintings and found this from r capone. I was wondering what the value of this would be. Thanks!

Dear Mark,

I believe the artist of your painting is Remo Capone (1927). There is very little of his work on the secondary market so estimating a realistic value is not possible without comparable paintings. You may want to continue researching in case more of his work appears at auction in the future. One of his figurative paintings sold for $45 at auction. I don't believe this is a fair representation of the value of his work.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.