Fine Art/Robert Little

Question
Robert Little
Robert Little  
Hi Dolly, I promise this will be my last question for sometime! I have a water colour painting on board. It looks like this was outlined in pencil then filled in with paint, To the left side of the painting it is signed...robt little (I think)? 1926.

I took the painting from the frame so you can see it better. As you can see it has some age to it. spotting. (this is a small painting).

Some time ago I googled him and found out that he only painted in water colour and also outlined in pencil....but do you think I can find this now? Nope...I can't!  So I am wondering if I am having a case of De Ja Vu?  I know you don't do apprasiels, but wondering if this is worth anything?

I also wanted to ask you, what is the difference between a print an a litograph?

Thanking you for your expertise...
Diane
Australia.

Answer
Dear Diane,

It is good to hear from you. I believe your painting is by British (Scottish) artist Robert W. Little, (1854-1944). There is very little recent auction activity on the artist’s work so giving an estimate is difficult. His work is collectable and has sold at auction in the range of $300-$1000 in past years. Use key words “artist Robert W. LITTLE (1854-1944)” on Google to find more information on the artist. Condition is important so you need to make sure you have it framed using acid free materials. Your framer can help you.

On your other question; a lithograph is a print. There are several types of lithographs and the method of production makes a big difference in the value of the art. An offset lithograph is a mechanical reproduction of another piece of original work. Original plate lithographs require the artist to draw an original image directly on the printing stone. Some reproductions are of much higher quality due to the type of paper and quality of inks. I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley