Fine Art/Simpson Painting maybe

Question
Hi Samantha, I would really appreciate your help. I emptied my loft and found two pictures one which is obviously a print by E.M Munier and the other well i am unsure whether or not its original but i am going to find out. The part I would like your help with is do you know of Simpson the letter after this looks like R and then theres a little more but i cannot make it out. The painting is of what seems to be a victorian village scene but the characters have no faces. Thanks in advance

Answer
Dear Caraline,

I'm actually an art historian who specialises in the Italian Renaissance, not an appraiser. Nevertheless if you want reliable information on the painting I suggest that you take it to a reputable auction house where they will likely appraise it/attribute it for free.

Best wishes and a happy New Year,

Samantha

Samantha Hughes-Johnson