Fine Art/The architectural forum

Question
 etching
etching  
I came across this old etching and found that in the bottom left corner inside the etching it says "Etched for The Architectural Forum 1926."  In addition to being unable to identify the artist, which I am hoping you may be able to help, I was curious to see if the etchings value is effected by the phrase I found on it.  Sorry for the stacked questions, but any information would help out a lot.  Thanks,
Adam

Answer
Dear Adam,
The Architectural Forum was a popular monthly publication during the 1920ís. Issues had featured articles on architectural and creative art. Your etching may have been commissioned by the magazine to provide an image to complement a story or to use as an image for an architecturaly important building. I cannot see the signature well enough to try to research the artist. I also cannot see the margins or paper quality. They may have been printed for a special release. If you are really interested in researching the artist and image, you may want to purchase the monthly magazines from 1926 and see if you can find the etching and how it is used. They are online for an average of $30/month.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley