Fine Art/painting

Question
Hello,
When my grandmother passed away, she left me an oil painting of a castle and some scenery. It is signed by an L. Konig (there are 2 dots over the o in Konig.) I was told a story about how it came from Germany, but I don't know when. I am having trouble finding any information on this artist and am told I need to insure the painting. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you so much!!

Answer
Dear Jennifer,

There are dozens of listed artists with the last name of Konig, but only a couple with a first name of L. I might be able to help identify your artist if you can send me high quality jpeg images of the front and back of the painting and a clear close up of the signature. You can email them to dheadley@headleyfineart.com. Please put your original question in the body of the email.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley