Fine Art/painting

When my grandmother passed away, she left me an oil painting of a castle and some scenery. It is signed by an L. Konig (there are 2 dots over the o in Konig.) I was told a story about how it came from Germany, but I don't know when. I am having trouble finding any information on this artist and am told I need to insure the painting. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you so much!!

Dear Jennifer,

There are dozens of listed artists with the last name of Konig, but only a couple with a first name of L. I might be able to help identify your artist if you can send me high quality jpeg images of the front and back of the painting and a clear close up of the signature. You can email them to Please put your original question in the body of the email.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.