Fine Art/print quandry

Question
Hi there, I am looking for some help to identify the origin of two framed pictures I found in a local thrift shop. They depict pots with floral arrangements in them and birds. There is a stamp near the bottom of each, an oval with BR inside and a crown on top. Sorry if I have the wrong person, they are quite beautiful pieces and what interested me in getting information was the tag on the back of each that says Event 204, like they had been in an auction at some point. Thank you very much for your time.

Answer
Dear Jim,

The markings are very much like the ones that museums stamp onto prints and drawings in their care. For instance the British Museum uses 'BM' with a crown atop. These markings can then be seen on any reproductions that are copied from the original.

Best wishes,

Samantha

Samantha Hughes-Johnson