Fine Art/i have 2 paintings

I have a painting of napolion sitting down and a women dressed in white danceing there r other men in the picture it sign S.chobel is it g.schobel signed at the left corner.I also have a painting by miiller Kurrzwelly it title on the front swan lake its a oil painting about 2 swans swiming in a lake I hope u can give me some information on this paintings I would like to know if they r original paintings or if the have any value.thank uu

Dear Claudia,

I believe your Napoleon painting is by German artist Georg Schobel,(1860-1941). My question would be if you are certain it is actually Napoleon in the image. It may be a print after his painting French Court. I will give you a link to a page with a similar print for you to review.

If you have an original painting you may want to send photos to a major auction house in Germany for an evaluation. Auction records on his paintings are in a large range prices from $4000-15,000. The value would be better determined by a European auction house as his work is more popular there.

I believe your other painting is actually a print on canvas or cardboard after an original painting by K.A.Müller-Kurzwelly (1855-1914); also a recognized German landscape painter and artist. The value on the reproduction is probably under $100. There is one currently for sale on ebay at: If you feel you have an original oil painting, you might want to take it to a local antique or art dealer for an opinion.
I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.