Fine Art/Art question

Question
I was given a picture from a friend who was moving and on the back it reads

CATALDA FINE ARTS, INC.
Title Sunderland Hills
Artist   Ashley
Frame No. 8508
Order No. 4813

I am not familiar with this type of art.  Does this type of art have any value and if so how much.

Thanks for all your help,

Ray

Answer
Hi Ray,
You have a reproduction copy after a painting by American artist James Ashley. Catalda is (was) a publisher that has reproduced copies of art by many different artists. I have seen varying quality of prints from them; but overall your print is considered decorative art.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dear Ray,
I hope you are doing well. Setting a current market value, (cmv), on vintage decorative art is the most difficult of all art appraisals. The reason is because they are not originals and therefore unlikely to show up at auction. When evaluating cmv on prints, one of the most useful tools is checking former auctions where the art was sold. His prints are out of copyright so there could be numerous copies by other publishers that will also affect the market.
I found another print after James Ashley and it was being sold for $10.00. Yours is probably a better printing since it is from Catalda; but I would estimate that if you wanted to sell, the value given by prospective buyers would be under $100. You might want to put a watch for the artist or the print on eBay in case one comes up for auction. That will give you the best estimate of its cmv. I hope this is helpful.
Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley