Fine Art/Art question

I was given a picture from a friend who was moving and on the back it reads

Title Sunderland Hills
Artist   Ashley
Frame No. 8508
Order No. 4813

I am not familiar with this type of art.  Does this type of art have any value and if so how much.

Thanks for all your help,

Hi Ray,
You have a reproduction copy after a painting by American artist James Ashley. Catalda is (was) a publisher that has reproduced copies of art by many different artists. I have seen varying quality of prints from them; but overall your print is considered decorative art.
Best regards,

Dear Ray,
I hope you are doing well. Setting a current market value, (cmv), on vintage decorative art is the most difficult of all art appraisals. The reason is because they are not originals and therefore unlikely to show up at auction. When evaluating cmv on prints, one of the most useful tools is checking former auctions where the art was sold. His prints are out of copyright so there could be numerous copies by other publishers that will also affect the market.
I found another print after James Ashley and it was being sold for $10.00. Yours is probably a better printing since it is from Catalda; but I would estimate that if you wanted to sell, the value given by prospective buyers would be under $100. You might want to put a watch for the artist or the print on eBay in case one comes up for auction. That will give you the best estimate of its cmv. I hope this is helpful.
Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.