Fine Art/artist signature

I just got a paingting on canvas of the brooklyn bridge... it has either an H. or an M. followed by the name Duchamp, I can't seem to figure out what this painting is worth if anything at all and who exalty the painter is.... please help.

Marcel Duchamp was a famous American artist and prominent early 20th century Dadaist.  This is not his signature, unfortunately.  

The Brooklyn Bridge is a wonderful achievement blending nineteenth century state-of-the-art engineering and aesthetic architectural talent.  Certainly, a widely popular subject for many hundreds of artists, art students, and hobbiest painters for the last century and a half.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration