Fine Art/artist signature

Question
signature
signature  
I just got a paingting on canvas of the brooklyn bridge... it has either an H. or an M. followed by the name Duchamp, I can't seem to figure out what this painting is worth if anything at all and who exalty the painter is.... please help.

Answer
Marcel Duchamp was a famous American artist and prominent early 20th century Dadaist.  This is not his signature, unfortunately.  

The Brooklyn Bridge is a wonderful achievement blending nineteenth century state-of-the-art engineering and aesthetic architectural talent.  Certainly, a widely popular subject for many hundreds of artists, art students, and hobbiest painters for the last century and a half.  

Stuart Cartwright