Fine Art/Home Of Washington

Question
I have an engraving that was given to me, it looks fairly old,its in black and white, it is titled: Home Of Washington and it also shows Thomas Oldham Barlow and on the left side it says Rossiter Mignot, do you know anything about this, and do you know its estimated price?

Answer
This picture is of Washington greeting Lafayette at Mount Vernon in 1784.  The original picture was executed in oil by Thomas Prichard Rossiter and Louis Remy Mignot in 1859.  Shortly afterward, Thomas Oldham Barlow created the engraving of this painting.  

As recently as November 2008 and February 2009, a copy of this engraving was offered at public auction...bringing no bids.  You might consult a local print shop, but it is not likely that your print is worth very much.  This picture was mass produced to celebrate Mount Vernon as an iconic American institution, and to depict George Washington as a regular gentleman, and property owner with a back porch...not a demigod depicted soley atop a huge white steed.  

Stuart Cartwright