Fine Art/identify painting

Question
untitled
untitled  
i have had these for almost 20 years and i got them while i was in the new york area.
if someone could identify the artist or even guess, it would be appreciated.

Answer
John,
More than likely, you have a tourist-market watercolor done by an unknown local artist in Venice, who may have elected to sign his sidewalk painting with a lovely Italian name evocative of high Renaissance painters.

In any case, a lovely scene, from the Grand Canal, one of the most sketched and painted locales in the world.  I was just on Vaporetto #1...the long slow ride down the canal...this summer.  It is fascinating to see the fancy facades of the ancient buildings along the canal, as your watercolor depicts.   Venice's middle-eastern, almost Oriental, architecture which makes it so distinctive among European cities, is also on display in the tall, stacked arched windows in your picture.

Enjoy!

Stuart Cartwright