Fine Art/information about artist

painting of woman by Payne
painting of woman by P  
We just purchased an original (?watercolor)painting (with frame) from a local consignment shop. The picture is a nude woman from back. I've attached photo.  The artist is Payne, signed on bottom right of painting. Any help with information about this artist and if there is demand for his/her work?

Dear John,

I hope you are doing well. Your lovely nude is a print after a drawing watercolor by English artist Samantha Payne. She is a contemporary artist who released a series of nude prints titled "Through the Eyes of Eden". Your print is version IV. It appears it has been released as an open edition print, which means there is no limit set on the amount that can be printed. I will give you a link to an online store that carries them for you to look at and get a value.

If you like the artist's work, you can see more online. I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.