Fine Art/Nicolai Civosky

Question
Dear Sir,
Several years ago I purchased a geltone print in a little 2nd hand shop in Oregon. The title of the print is, "Springtime in Virginia" by Nicolai S. Civosky. It is in a very old frame and on the back of the print it has a small blurb about Civosky. This print must be quite old because the address on the blurb is pre-zip code (from New York).
The print is in excellent condition from what I can see. I believe it is in its original frame and mat because the backing on the print is intact.
I would like to sell this print but have no idea what it might be worth? I would very much appreciate any help you could offer.
Thank you so much for your consideration.
Sincerely,
Colleen
PS
I am living in Portland, Oregon.

Answer
Nicolai S. Civosky (1894-1987) was born and trained in Russia.  Emigrated to the US in 1923, and worked in the New York City area.  During WWII, he moved to eastern Long Island, and was known in the Sag Harbor community.   His mid-sized oil-on-canvas paintings have only fetched a few hundred dollars at auction.  I cannot imagine your print could command very much.  I would say eBay might be the best way to turn if you hope to turn the print into cash.  You might try seeking out a gallery in Sag Harbor, Long Island, New York to gauge interest.  Best of luck.  

Stuart Cartwright