Fine Art/ackerman watercolor painting

Question
I also have an Ackerman water color painting, but different from Malinda's. I'm also curious about the artist. The signature on mine is the same on her's. I just want to know if these pictures are rare. I will post a picture when you respond.

Answer
Dear Michael,

More information on the artist is appearing on the internet. His name is Frank Ackerman,(1933-1986).
Born: Los Angeles, CA

Studied: Chouinard Art Institute (Los Angele)

Member: California Water Color Society.

Frank Ackerman grew up in Glendale and studied art at Chouinard Art Institute while attending high school. He began painting with watercolors at Chouinard and by the early 1950s, was exhibiting with the California Water Color Society. After spending several years in the army, he studied further with Rex Brandt and Ed Reep.

After the mid-1950s, Ackerman worked regularly as an illustrator and graphic artist. Commissioned by the Navy to travel to New Zealand and the South Pole, he produced a series of paintings for the Naval History Art Collection. Ackerman served as president of the California Water Color Society in 1970 and he also taught watercolor painting.

Biographical information from of “California Watercolors 1850-1970” By Gordon T. McClelland and Jay T. Last.

I found an additional post about the artist from a friend of his:

Information About Frank Ackerman
My friend, Frank Ackerman, worked with watercolors during the time I knew him (1977-1986) and many of his paintings were from his love affair with Sitka, Alaska. I have two of his watercolors from his exhibit at the Brand Gallery in Glendale, CA. The Frank Ackerman I knew also worked at the Los Angeles Museum of History and assisted with the staging of the Gold Show at the Museum. A man of many talents -- he and his wife had hoped to retire to Sitka -- so he built a 2-story log cabin up in Frasier Park as a "dry run" for Sitka. He died of a brain tumor before he could realize that dream--just a few short months after his retirement. A real gentleman and a kind friend.

It is unknown how many paintings the artist did in his lifetime. California artists have a particular attraction for many collectors and a quality artist such as Frank Ackerman should see a rise in popularity as his work becomes more accessible on the secondary market. Value is considered what the current market will pay. Since there is not much sales history on his work, I can only give a personal estimation of current value. If I had one of his watercolors in my gallery; depending on the subject and size; I would put a current market value between $300-$1200.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley