Fine Art/Dali litho: Return, Return, Shulamite

Return, Return, Shulamite
Return, Return, Shulam  
Back in December 1979 I bought a very striking (presumed) Dali litho from a friend who owned an art gallery in Southern California. His Certificate of Appraised Value states that the piece is an "original etching on Japon paper by Salvador Dali titled Two Nudes numbered 110/200 handsigned." Recently I decided to sell the piece, and in researching it online, find that the image not called Two Nudes. It is from Dali's 1971 portfolio of 12 etchings, Song of Songs of Solomon. The litho is entitled Return, Return, Shulamite. The Dali art market is of course flooded with fakes. If my piece is as well, then of course I don't want to perpetuate a fraud. I've taken the litho out of its frame and photographed the entire image as well as segments of it, including the signature and numbering if you wish to see any of those. Any assistance you can provide in verifying the authenticity would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your comments. You are correct about authenticity, the same applies to Picasso, Chagall and other masters. All works have to be examined and verified authentic.

It's best if we communicate via email. Can you email the image with a close up of the signature and edition number to:

If you include a ph# in the email we can call you. I do not recommend posting your personal info on this public site, best in an email.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.