Fine Art/edwin douglas

What value is "Pot Luck " by "EDWIN DOUGLAS ....BORN 1848 ?

Dear Ken,

"Pot Luck" is a very famous painting by Edwin Douglas and there have been copies made of it since the 19th century. The original is in a museum or private collection so any of the images you see currently for sale are reproductions. The value of a reproduction is primarily based on the quality of the printing. You can find vintage and contemporary releases of this wonderful painting of a pair of collies staring at the pot of food cooking in the dutch oven over the fire. The value of the original is impossible to guess as it has not been at auction, (at least during a time when auction results were recorded). If you want the pricing for the reproductions; Google the information you gave me and you will find examples from all generations.
I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.