Fine Art/Harry Wells Painting

i was researching a painting that i have and found the same exact looking painting on It was someone named Nancy that was asking you as to whether or not you were familiar with the artist. The question was dated 2/03/2009 and was referring to a painting titled "Fall Day" signed Harry Wells. Nancy had also attached a photo of the painting. It looks identical to what i have except mine is in a very old looking ornate frame. The painting itself is close to 26"X32" and is signed Harry Wells.On the back there is a tag from Holmes Art Gallery, New Orlean, La
I have researched Holmes Art Gallery and can find nothing.
Is there any further information other than what you gave Nancy?Any info or assistance is greatly appreciated. Sorry i have no photo, but i can furnish one if necessary.

Hello Daniel,
I am afraid I went to the depths of my shallow knowledge here with that previous answer to Nancy.  I would suggest you may have a painting of similar quality and value (if original oil, not a print).  I highly recommend the Neal Auction Company of New Orleans to you.  They should be able to give you an estimate of what you might expect in a public sale.  They are easily found on the internet.  Thank you for using AllExperts.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration